A Chinese Protester’s Experience at the Capitol Hill on January 6


Today is January 6, 2021, a decisive day of the U.S. The Presidential Election turned out to be the darkest day of my life. A group of us got up at 5 in the morning, lined up outside of the White House, and waited for the fence gates to open. At 7 a.m. we started to enter, and at about 8:15 it was full of people, so we had to watch the outdoor big screen. Everyone was waiting for President Trump to give his speech, after which we would be off to Capitol Hill to wait for the results. But Trump didn’t show up at 11 as scheduled.

The temperature was about 41 degrees and we were standing in the cold wind with backs feeling sore and feet feeling numb. Some girls were wearing skirts and shivering. Finally, President Trump came on the stage. Though it was more than one hour later, the thought of the heavyweight evidence would take down the Democratic Party like a tsunami made us in high spirits. We were all fully focused on the President’s speech, for fear of missing even a single word. To my surprise, what the President gave us was the same story that we all have known so well.

No surprises, let alone tsunami. To be honest, we were quite disappointed by the lack of new information in his speech. Based on my trust and support for the President, I still consoled myself on wishful thinking: maybe the heavyweight evidence would have to be dropped on Congress to achieve the desired effect.

So we followed the President’s “orders” and started walking towards Capitol Hill at 1:25 p.m. We chatted, sang and shouted “4 more years” in front of the lawn of Capitol Hill, without any commotion and uneasiness. We were patiently waiting for the result of the Joint Session of the Congress.

At about 2:00 p.m., my husband suddenly said: “We have a mobile signal!” Our cell phones had been hardly able to receive or send out messages since 8:30.

He was surprised and said to me: “The news said that tear gas was released on Capitol Hill. We’re right here on Capitol Hill, where’s the tear gas?”


We were sitting on the front lawn of Capitol Hill, about 500 feet away from the stairs, and we didn’t see any sign of tear gas being used.

“Maybe it’s outside on the street,” my husband speculated.

After a few more minutes, there was some thin white smoke that suddenly came out of the building in front of Capitol Hill. I said immediately: “Is that tear gas?”

At the same time, some young people were leaning against the railing on the steps in front of the Capitol, with some sitting and some standing. All of them were chatting and waiting for the news. Everything was normal. How could tear gas be released?

My husband had the same doubt as I and said: “It shouldn’t be. There’s no reason to do that.”

I agreed with him, so I continued to take pictures everywhere. About two or three minutes later, there was a flare from the left front of the Capitol to the sky. My husband thought it was fireworks since it was very bright. I told him that fireworks would bloom in the sky, what this one had was a very bright flame. It should be a signal flare.

Then we looked at each other: signal flares? Whom this signal was sent to?

Another 5 minutes later, someone at the top of the stairs of the building held a blower-like thing and sprayed thick orange smoke to the place below the stairs where no one was there.

“This should be tear gas, right? What are they doing?” I said.

This time my husband wasn’t sure what that smoke was. This person sprayed several times every few minutes, I thought it might be for the disinfection, so I did not pay much attention to it.

Afterward, everything was back to normal. When the thick smoke started to rise, everyone was turning their heads in the same direction to see what happened. As the situation got better, I felt like time suddenly froze, it became slow and boring. It was close to 3 pm when a white lady in the crowd suddenly informed everyone with her ringing voice that the mayor of D.C. had just announced a curfew. She said that we had to be out of there by 6 p.m.

Everyone was confused. A curfew? Was something happening elsewhere that we were not aware of? At this point, everyone’s cell phone was vibrating like hell, and we received an “emergency notice” alleging us to go home by six!

We woke up at five without having a place to sit down and now it’s almost three in the afternoon. We were hungry and exhausted. We decided to go back to the hotel to have a rest, and then return to the Capitol to hear the result. We thought the result should be released by 6 p.m.

Our hotel is only about a 10-15 minutes’ walk away from Capitol Hill, so we thought this plan would work perfectly. We decided to go back and soothe our stomachs and deal with other problems, come back to witness the result, and then go back to the hotel before 6 p.m.

On our way back, we ran into two small cars, some black men inside the vehicles opened the window and started yelling at the crowd: “You have it until six, get the hell out of here! Or else you will pay for it!” A white man next to us shouted at them: “Stop the steal!”

About 3:45 pm, we returned to the hotel and at this time we all have the signal back on our cell phones. I checked my messages and found that many of my family and friends warned us to be careful and be safe.

I felt baffled. Then, they told me that they were watching live on TV and that they saw many people storming to Congress. They also said that the police fired at people. My husband immediately turned on the computer to read the news, and something did happen!

Now when I recall my memories, I found that there was a setup as shown below:

  1. The day before the MAGA march, people were informed on the internet that since there would be thousands of people on Jan 6th, their cell phones might experience difficulties in receiving signals. Sure enough, everyone’s cell phone could not send or receive photos and messages since 8:30 a.m., let alone making phone calls
  1. The media created the news of using tear gas in advance while everyone’s cell phone signal was almost lost. People couldn’t get in touch with those who were on-site because of the signal cut to obtain truth, so they could only hear what the fake media said. People were made to believe that Trump supporters had rioted violently during the protest.
  1. The officials inexplicably announced a curfew, letting people believe that things were out of control.
  1. The curfew was used as an excuse to dilute the crowd, which is in order to reduce the number of possible witnesses of Antifa’s entrance.
  1. Before Republican General Cruz gave his challenge testimony, signal flares were sent to inform Antifa, who had blended into the parade, to get ready for the attack to Congress

6. Antifa incited some Trump supporters, who were unaware of their plan, to enter the Congress. Simultaneously, the police, who were already on standby, could take advantage of the opportunity to catch them in a trap. Thus, framing the President and his supporters with false evidence.

Co-Authors/Translators: Anzhelika; Rica Machioni    Contributor: Magnum 44

Reviewer: Rica


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here