In 2016, 1,576 foreigners became permanent Chinese residents, an increase of 163 percent on the previous year, according the Ministry of Public Security.
China has made huge progress in easing its residence and entry policies for foreigners since September 2015, which has helped attract more talent from overseas as well as boost international exchanges and the economy, according to a ministry statement.
Foreigners with permanent residence will enjoy the same rights as Chinese citizens such as in investment, housing purchases and schooling, among other rights.
One year after new measures were implemented, Shanghai saw an year-on-year increase of six times the number of permanent residence applications from foreigners and their families.
The number of such applications in Beijing last year increased 426 percent from that of 2015.
Foreigners made over 56.5 million trips to China last year, up 8.9 percent from 2015.
At present, 15 Chinese cities allow a 72-hour visa-free entry for nationals of certain countries. Shanghai, Jiangsu and Zhejiang offer 144-hour visa-free stays for international transit passengers from certain countries.
Who Can Apply For A Green Card In China?
Foreigners who want to apply for permanent resident in china should obey the Chinese law, be healthy and have no criminal records. At same time, they should accord with one of the conditions below:
1. The applicants have invested in China directly, have with steady investment condition and good revenue record for more than 3 years.
2. The applicants take the job continually as or above assistant general managers or factory directors, have the high title of or above the associate professor or assistant researcher, or have enjoy the equal treatment in China for more than four years, during which the applicants have been living in China continuously for more no less than three years and have good revenue records.
3. The applicants have great and outstanding contributions to China or meet special requirements of the Chinese government.
4. The spouse of Chinese citizens or the foreigners who have got the qualification of permanent resident in China, with the marriage lasted for more than five years and living in China for more than nine months every year and have steady living guarantee and residence.
6. The unmarried children under the age of 18 who come and seek refuge with parents.
7. The applicants who have no direct relatives abroad, come and seek refuge with the domestic direct relatives, are over sixty years old, and lived in China for no less than nine months every year and have steady living guarantee and residence.